Thursday, August 31, 2006

SPECIAL REPORT: "Price is Right" 35th Season Premiere/34th Season Wrap Party

Alright, gang. Here's the scoop. As a member of the Price staff, albeit a relatively new and unpaid one, I was invited to attend the Wrap Party after the 35th Season Premiere taped today. Here's what went down.

First, at the taping, I finally met all of Barker's Beauties: Shane, Brandi, Gwendolyn, Rachel, and Gabrielle. I was able to get a picture with them during rehearsal and after the show. Today's show was very photo opportunity worthy, being the season premiere and all. The show airs September 18. MAKE SURE YOU WATCH IT ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE SHOW!!

Then came the party. I walked to the party from Television City (not all that far...just up the street) with Gabrielle, Shane, and Brandi. Yeah, I rolled into the party with Barker's Beauties. How awesome is that! So, I got into the bar line and ordered a Cherry Coke (hey, I can't help it...I don't drink all that much). I went over to a table, got some food in the buffet line, and dined with announcer Rich Fields (my new homeboy, by the way). After the food and some awesome conversation, I got my picture taken with Bob before he made a speech thanking everyone for their work. Well, I got a spot standing right close to Bob (front row, yeah).

After talking with Fremantle liaison Syd Vinnedge and thanking him for his work ("whatever he did"), Syd said, "We feel the love." So, Bob got everyone there to say "We feel the love" in unison, with me kicking in a "Hallelujah" directly after...which got Bob's attention. Then, he pointed me out and commended me on a "splendid job" and encouraged me to keep up the good work!

So, after coming back down to Earth, I remained at the party, mainly talking with the other office staff, but having the absolute best time of my life! I finally left the restaurant at 9:30 and grabbed a cab back to the apartment.

No comments: