Friday, August 18, 2006

The Countdown Is On...

Friday night...August 18...7:38 PM Pacific Time.

In less than 96 hours, life will change forever. Tuesday is the day...11 AM is the time...CBS Television City is the place. I'm buggin' out about this, if you haven't already figured that out. I can still remember when I received my first letter from the show on December 12th (oddly enough, Bob Barker's birthday...good omen, yes?) and saw that this opportunity was available. Well, in 3 days, I'm going to cash in my chips and hit the ground running.

As for new and interesting news: I just got back into L.A. last night from a two week home stand. I enjoyed my time at home, and it turned out to be very productive for me. I was able to finish not only the Scrabble software for next year's Game Show Congress, but the display software for this year's "OU Price is Right" event. I know, I'm a nerd.

Tomorrow, the California Contingency (all the guys from the Congress that live in So Cal, now including yours truly) is going to see an episode of Family Feud under the new leadership of John O'Hurley. Judging by early reports of his hosting and the pics of the new set, this should kick a large amount of butt.

This weekend also marks the last weekend at home for all of my Res Life friends from OU. Guys and gals, have fun getting back to campus and going thru orientation. I wish I could be there with you again this year, but I have something that has to be taken care of. Some of you will receive phone calls from me after my first day of work.

That's about all I know for right now. Look for a special post TUESDAY NIGHT with a recap of my first day of work at The Price is Right.

No comments: