Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dear Blog-ary...

This afternoon, while watching Comedy Central's "Stand-Up Showdown", one of the comics referred to blogs as diaries.  Therefore, I'm writing today's "blog-ary" post.

Dear Blog-ary...
The last 24 hours have been a series of ups and downs.  It's been a while since I've been on a roller-coaster like the one I've just been on.  Let me start with late yesterday.

UP: I checked my email right before we all went to Ben's improv show last night.  I, once again, have scheduled hours at the park!

DOWN: I thought I'd better call in this morning to try to get a shift, so that way, I'd at least have a little bit of a paycheck.  I called at 7 AM, they put me on the list, and the call-back never came.

UP: Ben decided to make breakfast this morning, in order to use up his two rolls of chorizo.  I decided today would be the day I would try chorizo for the first time, spread over a cheese omelet with sour cream.

DOWN: Too much chorizo.  My stomach has been in knots all day...partly because of the chorizo, partly for other reasons.

UP: Even though I didn't get a shift at work today, I decided to go up there anyway, say "HI" to co-workers, and others, and take a lap thru the park.

DOWN: So, I was lucky enough to see some of my Guest Relations co-workers, do the Terminator 2: 3D show again, and take a lap thru the park.  But, the one co-worker I wanted to see wasn't there.

Thankfully, this day has ended on an "UP".  I got an email inviting me and my roommates to lunch next Thursday with a legendary television producer (you know who you are), and Mega Python vs. Gatoroid is on.

That's all for now, Blog-ary.  I'm going to enjoy my chicken tenders, tater tots, and Smirnoff Ice before crashing out for the evening.  Hopefully, better news will appear in the next few days.

No comments: