Friday, July 21, 2006

Here we go...

Well, I've currently been in Los Angeles for 11 days. I'd have to say this is probably the most unusual and the COOLEST experience I've had so far in my life. Let me take you thru all I've been thru in the past week and a half.

Monday, July 10: Day 1. I fly into Los Angeles and I'm already hit with the first of many good surprises to come. I'm in line at the taxi stand at LAX. A guy in a suit comes up to me and asks if I need a taxi. I say, "Yes, but I'm going to Glendale." (For those of you that don't know, Glendale is about 25 miles away from LAX) He says, "No problem," then takes me into the parking garage. Do I see a cab? No. I see a long, sleek, black LINCOLN TOWN CAR!! My first thought is, "Oh, no. What happened?" But, I go along with it, because I know I've got enough cash on hand just in case. This guy, name Jafar, was originally an aerospace technician. How do I know? He talked to me the entire 25 miles of the trip. Had to have been the quickest trip from LAX, and the most enjoyable. After that, I move into Ben's apartment for a 3-night stay and crash.

Tuesday, July 11: Got my first taste of fast food Chinese that's not $3.75. Panda Express. Try the specialty Orange Chicken. I recommend it. Also, I get my first taste of British game shows The Crystal Maze and Knightmare. Also, I have to crash early that night, because I plan to make "The Pilgrimage" to Television City that night.

Wednesday, July 12: Arrival at CBS Television City. Because of my early arrival, I manage #002 in line!! (Thanks to Gus's arrival at 12:30 AM) Following a long night in line, we had breakfast at Johnny Rocket's (A Pilgrimage tradition), donuts at Bob's in the Farmer's Market (a NEW Pilgrimage tradition), and a stop at the CBS gift shop. Upon arrival in the studio, we discovered one new thing right off the bat. The doors will change for Season 35. That's all I'm gonna say. The show went well, but I'm not giving out any spoilers, unless you really want to know. That night, we connected with the rest of the Game Show Congress gang and enjoyed What's My Line? LIVE On Stage at the Acme Comedy Theater. J. Keith Van Straaten and the crew at Acme has made the show amazing, and I'm sorry to see that was the last show...outside of the live performance at GSC this weekend.

Thursday, July 13: GSC Day 1... But first, we all have to go to Wheel of Fortune. Upon arrival at Sony, we link up with the remaining GSC bunch; Andrew Greenstein (150 lbs less, thanks to Gastric Bypass), and everyone's favorite Scotch-a-holic, Tom Gauer. We had tickets to get in, but the possessors of the tickets were late in getting to the studio. However, we said we were with Game Show Congress. That was the secret word. We all got yellow "Production Guest" stickers and moved to the FRONT OF THE LINE!! What does that mean? Front row seats with great views of the Wheel, the Board, the Pat, and the Vanna. Three shows later (the first three episodes of season 24), and we motor out of Culver City for a taping at CBS of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Bob Barker's supposed to make an appearance, so 9 of the GSC bunch goes, with the rest going to Burbank. Barker does make an appearance, with Rich, Gwendolyn, Brandi, Shane, and Gabby. Why? To help Craig destroy his set. Barker took one karate chop wallop to the desk and BOOM, it's in two!!

More details on GSC and all the rest on the next post. Life is still kinda slow, so there probably won't be much news for a while.

No comments: